THE HIT-A-THON IS COMING…THE HIT-A-THON IS COMING!!!
On May 19th SMLL’s Hit-a-Thon will be here! This is our BIG fundraiser for South Maryland Little League, and the funds afford SMLL the ability to improve our league both on and off the field. The funds raised also allows us to provide kids with economic hardships the ability to play Little League baseball.
The Hit-a-Thon will take place at Loschiavo Field (Bottner) beginning at 2:00PM.
Schedule for May 19th:
2-3PM: T-Ball & Coach Pitch hit (Players in these divisions will hit off tee).
3-4PM: Machine Pitch Division
4-6PM: Minors/Majors/Juniors Divisions
How does a Hit-a-Thon work?
The Hit-a-Thon is simple, your player collects donations from friends, family, or neighbors. The donor can give a flat donation amount or donate per hit. On the day of the Hit-a-Thon each player will get the opportunity to hit 10 pitches. Each pitch hit raises more funds from per-hit donations.
How do players collect funds?
Players can either collect cash or checks (payable to SMLL), for which 100% of the amount collected goes straight to SMLL. Players can also share their 99pledges.com dedicated webpage with donors in order to collect donations via credit card. SMLL keeps 90% of credit card donations as the other 10% is to cover processing fees and web hosting. You will receive an email from 99pledges.com with your player’s dedicated webpage which you can share with family, friends, and neighbors via email or social media. It really is that simple!
If you collect cash or checks, please email SMLLhitathon19@gmail.com and provide us with the information (player name, team name, donation amount, and donation type) so we can make sure your player is credited with the amount raised. Then simply bring all cash and check donations with you to the Hit-a-Thon to turn in.
Why are funds needed?
While we collect registration fees from players joining SMLL each year, those funds are only enough to cover the basics: baseballs, uniforms, lawn maintenance (cutting only), field materials (chalk, quick dry, etc.), tractor maintenance/repairs, and Little League team registration fees.
The funds raised by the Hit-a-Thon allow us to improve the league’s infrastructure to help maintain the integrity and safety of our equipment and fields. Funds raised will most importantly provide scholarships to those families experiencing economic hardships. We believe all players wishing to play baseball should have that opportunity regardless of economic situation.
Are there any prizes to those who raise the most funds or have the longest hits?
ABSOLUTELY!!! We have prizes for both the team who raises the most funds as well as the player who raises the most funds.
So, what are the prizes you ask?
Team who raises the most funds:
Player who raises the most funds:
Player who raises the 2nd most funds:
Players who raise $500 or more:
Players who hit the furthest ball (each division):
What if I can’t make it to the Hit-a-Thon on Sunday, May 19th?
No worries! We get people have other obligations (religious, family, etc.). We are asking coaches to set aside time in the practice after the Hit-a-Thon to allow for those players to get their 10 pitches. If you are in T-Ball or Coach Pitch, we are asking your coach to stick around after the game for a few moments to allow players to hit their 10 off the tee. We want to make sure we give everyone an opportunity to participate who wishes to do so, and why wouldn’t you?....it’s for YOUR league.