REGISTRATION FOR THE 2023 SUMMER SWIM SEASON WILL OPEN IN APRIL 2023. CHECK THIS PAGE FOR UPDATES IN MARCH 2023.
2022 SUMMER SWIM SEASON DETAILS:
REGISTRATION DATES AND FEES:
Registration fees cover the swim team expenses (insurance, pool rental, coaches’ salaries, and meet entry fees). The registration fee also includes a team t-shirt.
Late fees will apply starting May 16. Registration will close on 5/27/22. Please note some age groups may reach capacity very quickly, and registration may close prior to the deadline.
Click here to register or go to the Home page and select Register Online from the left side navigation menu.
AGE GROUPS AND REQUIREMENTS:
The team is open to swimmers ages 4-18 years old who live in Anne Arundel County. The swim team practices at the Harbor Hills community pool (located at 1 Carson Cove in Davidsonville), but you do not need to be a resident of the Harbor Hills community to join the swim team.
Age groups are determined by the swimmer’s age on June 1, 2022.
· 15-18 Boys and Girls (compete in 100 IM and 50s of the strokes)
· 13-14 Boys and Girls (compete in 100 IM and 50s of the strokes)
· 11-12 Boys and Girls (compete in 100 IM and 50s of the strokes)
· 9-10 Boys and Girls (compete in 100 IM, 50 freestyle, and 25s of the other strokes)
· 7-8 Boys and Girls (compete in 25s of the strokes)
· 6 and Under Boys and Girls (compete in 25 meter freestyle and backstroke)
We are excited to announce the return of the DST Pre-Team this season. The pre-team is for swimmers who are not yet able to swim the length of the pool, but are close to achieving that goal. Swimmers should be able to swim at least half the length of the pool using some type of freestyle, be able to kick the full length of the pool using a kickboard, and be comfortable in the water.
All swimmers who are new to the team will be evaluated by the coaching staff for readiness for the team during the first weekend of practice (June 4 & 5) and to determine final practice group placement.
We are thrilled to welcome back Devin Neil, who will be serving as our Head Coach this season. Joining him will be Assistant Coaches Stephen Henderson and Sophia Keller, as well as Junior Coaches Jack Deppe, Chloe Patel, Cate LaTour, and Grayson Hersey.
Coach Devin and Coach Stephen bring many years of competitive swimming and coaching experience to the team, and we are very excited they are returning this season!
While AACPS school is still in session, practices will be held at the Harbor Hills community pool as follows:
· Saturday 6/4
· Sunday 6/5
· Saturday 6/11
· Sunday 6/12
USA Swimming members do not need to attend the pre-season practices and should instead continue to swim with their club teams.
Once the AACPS school year has ended, practices will be held at the Harbor Hills community pool starting Monday, June 27:
· 8:00 to 8:45AM – 13 & Up Group (Monday – Friday)
· 8:45 to 9:30AM – 11 & 12 Group (Monday – Friday)
· 9:30 to 10:15AM – 9 & 10 Group (Monday – Friday)
· 10:15 to 10:45AM – 7 & 8 Group (Monday – Friday)
· 10:45 to 11:15AM – 6 & Under Group (Monday, Wednesday, Friday)
· 10:45 to 11:15AM – Pre Team (Tuesday and Thursday)
Regular season practice group assignments are subject to change and may be adjusted following the completion of new swimmer evaluations and pre-season practices.
Our swim league has confirmed the dual meet schedule for the 2022 season. Meets will start on Saturday, June 18 and there will be five dual meets:
· 6/18/22 - Davidsonville vs Indian Hills (at Harbor Hills Pool)
· 6/25/22 - Davidsonville at Bay Ridge
· 7/2/22 - Davidsonville at Hunt Meadow
· 7/9/22 - Davidsonville vs Hillsmere (at Harbor Hills Pool)
· 7/16/22 - Davidsonville at Chase Creek
The GASL Championship meets will be held on the following dates:
- Wednesday, 7/20 - Bronze Championship Meet (location TBC)
- Saturday, 7/23 - Silver Championship Meet (location TBC)
- Sunday, 7/24 - Gold Championship Meet (Indian Landing Boat Club)
SUITS AND CAPS:
We will have a brand new look for our team suits this season! Team suits, caps, and gear will be available for ordering in May. More information about the ordering process and suit try-on dates will be released shortly.
We will also be organizing a suit swap to exchange practice suits and other gear.
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
with any additional questions
Updates will be posted on our team website as soon as they are available:
Team Website: https://gatorsswimming.swimtopia.com