Last game of the year - let’s finish on a high note with one final win. 12pm at Davidsonville Park, Field G. Also, it’s gonna be a hot one! Thanks for assuring your son has plenty to drink for the game and lots of sunblock as it’ll be a long day outside.
Speaking of which, a handful of last-minute thoughts related to our end-of-season celebration which will immediately follow the game at our place:
1) Don’t be discouraged by the heat. While it’s gonna be hot, we’ll be pulling out the redneck slip and slide for the kiddos. Make sure your crew has their bathing suits.
2) Related, if the option exists, I’d recommend maximum coverage (swim shirts for the boys/one pieces and shorts for the girls). I’m not sure how/if our attempt at this slip and slide may get a smidge abrasive/gritty (slip and grip?) when dirt inevitably gets tracked onto it. I’m trying to save any potential road rash or burns if the mat gets too hot in the sun.
3) For you adults, and if you have one, please bring your favorite bag/camp chair. We have seating, but maybe not for the full +/- 50 who’ll be in attendance. Speaking of which, while we’ll be outside, we have plenty of shade and outdoor fans (effectively a 1,500sf. covered entertainment venue - codename: garage). Don’t be discouraged by the heat. It’ll be plenty comfortable in the shade. We’ll also have your pick of the NBA playoffs or French Open on the big screen.
4) Speaking of headcount, thanks for assuring that whatever you’re bringing to share is enough to feed that army. AKA, if you’re bringing a side, you’ll need a batch substantially larger (think exponentially larger) than your family would eat on any given afternoon! Thanks for helping us assure that no one leaves hungry.
5) We’ll be giving out plaques (for those that don’t already have one) and bars for this season (for those who do). Don’t miss your son’s moment in the spotlight when they’re distributed.
6) Please make sure that your son’s uniform makes it to our place. You’re more than welcome to peel it off of them here. I expect it’ll be gross (like my son’s!), but you’ll make our lives way easier to bring it to the party as-is versus requiring additional coordination to exchange it for your deposit check another time.
7) Thanks for helping us keep an eye on the full swarm of children this afternoon. As you’ll see, our property is “under construction” and not exactly the country club lawn. While the kids stand to have a great time together, there’s always plenty of ways someone could get hurt. Your help monitoring the pack’s collective safety will be much appreciated.
Lastly, and once again, you can find us at:
160 Farmwood Lane
Harwood, MD 20776
Our address just got changed to 160 Farmwood Lane, but many maps aren’t yet current (aka, your car’s GPS will never find it!).
Either Waze or Google Maps will bring you right up our .7 mile driveway and to our log cabin's front door. Park anywhere that you like - just don’t get yourself stuck!
And, from a COVID-19 standpoint, the adults in our family are fully vaccinated as I know are many of you. Apart from access to a restroom inside, the party will be entirely outside, hand sanitizer will be provided, and we’ll try to be generally mindful. You and/or your children are more than welcome to wear a mask if that would like.
Phew. I think that’s everything. Looking forward to a great game today and the chance to celebrate our sons’ shared accomplishment together this afternoon. Until then…