|Davidsonville Athletic Association Gators|
Good morning. This will be the only gameday reminder that you receive this season so please forgive me for using it for a few quick reminders:
1) Our first game is today, Saturday (4/17), 2:30pm at Riva Park, Field B1 at 3600 Riva Rd, Davidsonville, MD 21035 vs. Bowie FC 2014B - Red.
2) During the continuing pandemic, the county has asked that teams not arrive to the field too early. That said, each player must be at the field, in uniform, and game ready no later than 15 minutes before each game. For those of you with your calculators in hand, that's on the field no later than 2:15pm today, game ready!
3) "Game ready" means - our team uniform jersey tucked into our team uniform shorts, black (please) knee high soccer socks, shinguards properly worn underneath, and soccer cleats laced and tied tight.
4) Parents, be reminded that our primary goal is to love and support these boys and a good chunk of such is modeling the type of adults that we want them to grow up to be. This includes how we cheer (positive reenforcement), how we address the referrees (with gratitude if at all), opposing players/parents, etc. Davidsonville's reputation is nothing but class. Let's agree to keep it that way.
5) Masks will be required for all spectators. I can't coach the team and police the parents so thanks for your help complying without request. Here is the policy directly from the county -
● Masks are required in all areas except when on the field of play;
o Masks are not required for players and officials while on the field of play, but are
● Masks are required by all volunteers and spectators not on the playing field. A
representative from each team will be asked to ensure Social Distancing and Return to
Play Guidelines are followed.
6) While I'm doing my very best to teach and train the boys well, I assure you that there will be some hair-raising moments today as our team gains its bearings. We've had zero (0) full field scrimmages thus far and a number of the boys have never been on an organized team or even seen a game of organized soccer played. Be reminded that the squad is 7 and 8 years old with much to learn. We'll surely get better along the way, but be prepared for some memorable moments today!
Let's have a great season! Looking forward to seeing you and your families later this afternoon and, until then...