2021 SUMMER SWIM SEASON DETAILS:
REGISTRATION FOR THE 2021 SEASON IS NOW CLOSED AS THE TEAM IS AT CAPACITY. WE ARE NO LONGER ACCEPTING WAITLIST REGISTRATIONS.
REGISTRATION DATES AND FEES:
Registration fees cover the swim team expenses (insurance, pool rental, coaches’ salaries, and meet entry fees). The registration fee also includes a team t-shirt.
5/3/21 - 5/26/21
Registration will close on 5/28/21. Please note some age groups may reach capacity very quickly, and registration may close prior to the deadline.
AGE GROUPS AND REQUIREMENTS:
Age groups are determined by the swimmer’s age on June 1, 2021.
· 19 Year Old Boys and Girls (compete in 100 IM and 50s of the strokes)
· 15-18 Boys and Girls (compete in 100 IM and 50s of the strokes)
· 13-14 Boys and Girls (compete in 100 IM and 50s of the strokes)
· 11-12 Boys and Girls (compete in 100 IM and 50s of the strokes)
· 9-10 Boys and Girls (compete in 100 IM, 50 freestyle, and 25s of the other strokes)
· 7-8 Boys and Girls (compete in 25s of the strokes)
· 6 and Under Boys and Girls (compete in 25 meter freestyle and backstroke)
All registrants must be able to at least swim 25 meters unassisted on their front and back.
Given COVID restrictions, we will not be offering a pre-team option this season as we do not have the ability to have coaches in the water with the swimmers.
All swimmers who are new to the team will be evaluated by the coaching staff during the first weekend of practice (June 5 & 6) to determine practice group placement.
While AACPS school is still in session, practices will be held at the Harbor Hills community pool as follows:
· Saturday 6/5
· Sunday 6/6
· Saturday 6/12
· Sunday 6/13
Club swimmers do not need to attend the pre-season weekend practices and should instead continue to swim with their club teams.
Once the AACPS school year has ended, practices will be at the Harbor Hills community pool starting Monday, June 21:
· 8:00 to 8:45AM – 9&Up Group A (Monday – Friday)
· 8:50 to 9:35AM – 9&Up Group B (Monday – Friday)
· 9:40 to 10:10AM – 7&8 and 9&10 Group (Monday – Friday)
· 10:15 to 10:45AM – 7&8 Group (Monday – Friday)
· 10:50 to 11:20AM – 6&Under Group (Monday, Wednesday, Friday)
Every swimmer will be assigned to a practice group following the close of registration and the completion of new swimmer evaluations.
Given the current lane restrictions on the number of swimmers per practice session, swimmers may be assigned to a practice group that is not aligned to their age group.
Practice sessions will be limited to swimmers only given COVID restrictions and parents will not be allowed on deck. Swimmers must be comfortable being dropped off at practice and swimming without a parent present during practice sessions.
Our swim league confirmed each team will swim in four (4) dual meets this year over a five week period. Every team will have a "bye" week and will not compete.
· 6/19/21 - Davidsonville at Bay Ridge
· 6/25/21 - Davidsonville vs Hillsmere (at Hillsmere)
· 7/3/21 - Davidsonville vs Chase Creek (at Harbor Hills Pool)
· 7/10/21 - Davidsonville at Hunt Meadow
· 7/17/21 - "Bye" Week
· 7/24/21 - GASL Championship Meet at Harbor Hills Pool
We are thrilled to welcome back Head Coach Matt Swensen again this season. Joining him will be Assistant Coaches Devin Neil and Stephen Henderson, as well as Junior Coaches Matthew Speciale, Sierra Deppe, and Jack Deppe.
SUITS AND CAPS:
We are not requiring the purchase of a team suit this year. You may wear a previous year’s team suit, or a black or green competition style suit.
If you are new to the team and would like to purchase a new suit or team cap, please contact Cathy Rutkowski at
Cathy will also be organizing a suit swap to exchange team suits and practice suits for different sizes – look for more details to be released soon.
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
with any additional questions
Updates will be posted on our team website as soon as they are available:
Team Website: https://gatorsswimming.shutterfly.com/